Monday, October 25, 2010

im not hip, im not scene, im not thug, Im not even normal for pete's sake

Strange. i was asked at work, Since at your school you wear uniforms, how do you express that your you, you know, punk? or not punk but.. coffee house kid?

This question Kinda Put me at a loss for words, How do i let people know who i am? Do clothes Really make that much of an impact on how people perceive me? Do i require a tee shirt that says, my hobbies My passions and fears To let people know who i am? i really started thinking, do people just know who i am by what i dress, how i wear my hair? or lack of wear.

What exactly shapes Me?, What Builds Up Who i am To someone else? Where is my Stamp, My Signant Ring. When i sit in class, what is someones thoughts about me, who has never actually talk me. i know your not supposed to be weighed down with what people think about you, But its just a thought im having,

If i were naked, Would you only see me for my nakedness, or would you hear the words im speaking, the Melodies im Sharing? i love just hearing a song, or listning to a voice, and just imagine to myself, What that individual person looks like, is his voice reflective of his voice and words?, When a Person Performs Do we only see what guitar amp and Clothes he's wearing, Or do we enjoy what he's brought to the table, if the president were to give a speach in his Pj's We would think it was of little importance, Surely if he had something important to say who would dress himself nicely for my eyes to take pleasure in, Not the importance of his message.'

In writing this i think of an interview The late John Lennon did, He arrived at the interview, Under a thick white blanket, and he stayed under that blanket for the remainder of his interview, That just makes me respect him so much more, He was there to share his opinions, Not to be the Viewing spectacal for the world, If you just want a model to see, Take a picture, Dont come to listen If you just want to see.

Back to it all, i dont really know how i present myself, Or how i express my individuality. And to tell you the truth, i dont think it matters one bit, how you express yourself on your appearence. Yes i wear clothes i like, Yes i will continue to not do my hair; But Thats not who i am, thats how i choose to conceal myself, To stay warm. Who you are is what you do, How you Think,What Makes you smile?, What you have to say, What Songs you sing, How you choose to spend your time What you leave this world with once your gone, Not even Dead, just gone away.

A foot print Is a fossil Before the test, Will your mark stand the test of time? You are exactly who you want to be, Who you want to be Is So much more then Physical, Was albert Einstein Only the man with crazy hair? No, Absolutly not, he was the genius who changed so much we thought to be Confirmed, To actually be Plausible. Dont worry so much about What you look like, But what you ACT like, Dont worry about how you act as in your scared, But be you. Thats more of a statement Then any Stupid Shoes or hairstyle could ever Stamp on you.

rant rant rant.

-i am who i will be, i will be the best of what i was, The least of which i wasnt

-ian S

No comments:

Post a Comment